Tuesday, February 7, 2012

A sellers market?

Working with a buyer today, I heard him tell me it is a buyers market....I disagreed. I believe it is a sellers market right now. I say this due to experience in the past 2 months. It is frustrating for buyers as well as myself. We write contracts and write contracts and write contracts and we don't get anything accepted! We are out bid, even when we give STRONG, over asking offers. But don't take my word for it, the numbers are stating the exact same thing. In Pinal county along we have nearly 1/2 the homes we did a year ago on the market. In Dec. 2010 we had 4330 active homes on the market, with 842 pending sales at the end of the month  and 896 homes closing for the month.  In Dec. 2011 we had 2473 homes active on the market, with 860 pending sales at the end of the month, and 744 sold homes for the month. These numbers show we have nearly 1/2 the homes on the market, with about the same number of sales pending and sold. We don't have nearly the inventory we had a year ago, making our market much stronger!

Call me at 480-275-9566 or check out my website for more stories! at www.sellingazwithrebecca.com

.

No comments:

Post a Comment