Monday, March 12, 2012

Why Hire a Realtor?

The weekend is once again behind us and we are well into our dreaded Monday! I personally find that Monday is much like every other day.....but that is because I don't have to get up and go to "work" in the corporate world. Thank goodness! I love being able to work from home, meet new people, and make dreams come true. I just wish it was as easy as it sounds!! I love when I talk to people who are going to become a Realtor! I think that  they have the impression that we make all kinds of money, sip coffee or soda (or whatever) by the pool, and a couple times a week we show a house, sell it and make all kinds of money! Well, let me tell how it really goes!! I work about 80 to 90 hours a week. WHAT you say? Doing WHAT? Let me tell you.....marketing properties I have listed, marketing properties I want listed, marketing areas we want buyers and sellers, and marketing myself. Okay with the marketing done, I then market and manage my websites to insure that all the information is up-to-date and accurate. I blog to keep my buyers and sellers and everyone informed on what is going on in the market! Phew it is now 7:30 am and my day is just started!!! My list of my days are long and I answer emails all day and most of the night! I, as most full time Realtor, are eating, sleeping, and dreaming real estate! This job can be so rewarding, challenging, and frustrating! So the next time you hear someone say that hiring a Realtor is a waste of money, you can know that we are truly underpaid for the hours we work!
I tell all my buyers that I work for them FOR FREE! I find them the right home, negotiate contracts, inspections, work with the lender, title companies, and so on to insure that the buyer is getting the best value for their money.
As for sellers, I want them to know that the 6% (this % may vary) we receive from them for selling their home I want to tell you how I break this down: 
3% - goes to the buyers agent - they work hard and deserve to be paid.
2.5% - goes towards marketing materials- fliers, single property websites, my website, craigslist, Trulia, homes.com, Realtor.com, FaceBook, Twitter, LinkedIn, open houses, Yard signs, Strategic MLS Inputs, Mass Email blast,Realtor fees, dues, and brokers fees and finally my taxes.
.50% -  is what I pay myself.
So if you are thinking of selling your house yourself......I might be worth sitting down with a Realtor and let them deal with the contracts and marketing of your home, in all reality if you are only going to save yourself .5% of the total sale of your home! 
If you are thinking of buying or selling a home, please call me today at 480-275-9566 or check out my website at www.sellingazwithrebecca.com

No comments:

Post a Comment